View My Stats

Monday, June 4, 2007

MAYDAY!



Mayday!


"Mayday!" is the ultimate distress signal, recognized by sailors all over the world. It approximates the French term "m'aider", meaning "come help me!" This is an apt title to describe how the month of May has been for me.
Personal Goals:
Spiritual:
Am still ok here I guess. And its funny how I’ve met people (in two different events) who recognize me because they’ve seen me in church. This was a signal for me that going back to church is something right, coz considering that we arrive late & I really don’t mingle much, but napapansin din pala. But its been a spiritually, psychologically trying time for me Mayday!). More on this later on.

Social: Worked so hard for the May18-20 Discon! Met old Mla Toastmasters friends, & worked with
Cebu Toastmasters group, plus touched base with my SJS, Copper & Aboitiz TM clubs. Met new people too, & renewed ties with "significant" friends.! Had fun interviewing champion speech contestants over the phone & though this article didn’t see fine print, I learned a lot nevertheless. And the learnings from watching the speech contests was mind-boggling! I don’t know if I’ll be speech champion ready material next time.
The Discon was a major event & this serves as my Travel/Rest/Recreation Event for May also.
Mental: Finished my 1st trisem in USJR Doctoral class. It was hectic cramming for all those papers
I didn’t get to do because of the Discon, but I had fun and learned nevertheless. The classes are so easy!

Financial: Got my mid-year 13th month bonus, but used this to pay for kid’s school tuition fees, Club Ultima payments and the like. Am starting to use my Citibank Credit Card, will see how this pans out later on. Am still keeping myself afloat financially I guess.

My Roles:
Mother
: Ok with the kids. Whole family, including Cuyos family, attended Prime’s Summer Outing at
Hadsan beach. I have sunburn on my face & back! Ate Jennylyn, Miguel’s new Yaya is working out
really great. I was also able to have China enrolled for this coming schoolyear.
Wife: Mayday! Where do I even begin?!?! Its been difficult, & has escalated into more frequent talks
on separation. But since he’s threatened getting custody of the kids, this changes things. His attitude
too is so mercurial, & the times that he’s lucid and affectionate are his more humane moments (buti
na lang meron kahit papaano) that I hang on to. Its so hard for me to describe what I’m going through
right now, and maybe the only way to describe how worst it has gotten for me can be shown in that
On two occasions, I’ve resorted to prescription drug abuse as a way to escape from my hellish reality.
But I’ve stopped na, & it was just those two times (yeah, & that’s what every drug addict says….not
That I’m turning into one….)I’m working on my marriage though, & just to please my husband, I’ll
Be taking a hiatus from my USJR Doctoral studies, & am giving up my plans on attending the US
Discon, & have even declined attending Toastmaster meetings & events, as well as other non-TM
activities, I’m just staying put at home most of the time. Of course, that’s still not enough for him
as he said.
Work: Work has been a blur due to events in my personal life & how busy I am (my marriage, Toastmasters Discon, my doctoral studies,etc). And it shouldn’t be coz there is so much to do,
Especially in the light of having no boss to report to (we have no HR Director yet) & our HR
Manager went on a month-long leave pa gyud. And I have hang-ups pa with my team, though
I’ve gone out of my way to talk to them from time to time, just that am not sure though if this is
Enough.

Mayday! My ship is in distress! And to think I started this year by making a collage of my 2007 dreams
Using a lot of nautical navigational symbols. Travelling is something I want to do, but the waves
Pull me to shore, & I am floundering amidst the jagged rocks, as they scrape the bottom of my
ship….

No comments: