View My Stats

Thursday, June 28, 2007

SILVER LININGS

Every cloud has a silver lining.
I’ve always loved that expression, in fact clung to it in times when the storm has been at its worst, sort of like grasping for straws in desperation. Still, looking at the positives in any given situation, does make my mood lighter. Thus, in the midst of the turmoil of my professional life, it bears looking at
why I love working in my present job, or things that have made my stay worthwhile in my present company.

1. Lexmark billboard model
2. Being a non-punching employee
3. Being part of the extended management staff
4. Being promoted to HR Officer
5. Overseeing an annual Php8M training budget
6. Having held 3 positions (being tasked with 3 growth assignments) in 5 years.
7. Having reached almost 5 years working in the same company
8. Being the voice behind the 6am,2pm,6pm & 10 pm prayer over the PA system everyday (for the past 4 years & counting)
9. Company cel
10. Company laptop
11. Working for a multinational, American company
12. Making the LIPI culture videos & starting the videoediting service in this company
13. Attending numerous training programs in Manila over the past years
14. Alegre beach resort stay due to company management outing
15. Significant salary increase every year
16. Good pay that has made it possible for me & my family to live comfortably these years
17. Coop loan facility
18. Singing in company programs!
19. Working in a really nice company facility
20. Hotel stays (Dusit,Galleria,Sofitel)
21. Friends acquired (meron din naman, I guess not a barkada type though like Aboitiz)
22. Being a Lexmark scholar & finishing my MBA!

No comments: