View My Stats

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Ides of March


The Ides of March


Wow! I can’t believe that the first quarter of the year will soon be over. March is nearly over, & we’ll be celebrating April Fool’s Day this weekend. I feel like life has just passed me by, and I wonder where the year has went. Well, here’s a listing of how 2007 so far has been for me.


PERSONAL
Spiritual: I missed church for the last 2 consecutive Sundays,but mostly because of being sick. I still believe am ok with my God though, & will plan something spiritual for Holy Week next week.

Mental: I got my Doctoral assignments & reports done ahead of time. Which is why it was such a bummer to miss class due to being sick with the flu. I like being in school, & working on papers & stuff. It gives me something important to do. I also finished the book, "The Success Principles" by Jack Canfield, though I still feel far from successful. Still, the book was such a mental rush.

Physical: I got sick with the flu, & was absent for 1 ½ days, which broke my record of being present at work & minimizing my absences. Still, I was able to work out at the gym for the very first time, yehey! & swimming with the kids, as part of my new Club Ultima membership.


Social: I had no social life to speak of this March! And, its all because of you know who. And this is not me, as introspective and introverted a person that I am, I realize I am a very outgoing person, I need to go out! So am slowly going crazy…..But then, had to balance it with keeping the peace at home. Good thing, Monette calls me several times during the week. Gives me the semblance of having a social life at all.


Travel: Am more of am a homebody these days, the only travel, or stepping out of my limits, that I can think of, is going to Club Ultima. Although had a food trip (buffet lunch) with HR team leaders at Waterfront Mactan, due to Lexington visitors. The food was heavenly! Though our visitors were in a hurry, so we had no time for seconds. Bad!

Financial: I was able to pay a lot of my debts! A major bulk went to paying kid’s school tuition fees, Toastmasters, insurance. Yehey! This is really something to celebrate! But embarked on a financial investment with Angel that scares the shit out of me (pardon the expression). Getting the Club Ultima membership will entail a whole lot of belt-tightening, but am doing it, aside from the investment value, for the family, for my health (gym work-outs), and it feel kinda strange & good, to be deciding on something major such as this with my husband (because it was a joint decision).

MY ROLES
Wife: Not Good. Its been difficult keeping the peace at home, & it feels crazy to have given ammunition to my husband to lambast me & berate me at every turn, for making a mistake. I’ve tried so hard, & stopped my other commitments cold turkey, so to speak. Though its not making a dent in his consciousness. Garleth went home, for good, & this is another something I find difficult to forgive.

Mother: I paid my kid’s tuition dues, & that’s such a huge accomplishment. Its been difficult starting on a new dietary program with Miguel. China’s as upbeat as always, & won an award as "Most Respectful" in her Kinder graduation. Went swimming with the kids several times.

Team Leader: Not Good. I feel like things are slipping from me again, & my staff is working around me. Had an altercation with Caryn this month, when she raised her voice at me for something I did that did not sit well with her. Things are not going well at work, & its getting me down…

Training Officer: I guess the leadership part is getting to me, & work has suffered because of the depression I feel towards work & handling people. Still, Q1 is over, & there is still so much to do! So I need to get my act & energy in order!

Toastmasters: Worked as Contest Chairman during Mar3 Division C & I Contest, which was a very major, busy affair. Things worked out well I guess. Also attended Discon preparation meetings, & reported as Secretariat Head. Still, I missed some meetings & totally avoided Toastmasters meetings, just to avoid the wrath of Angel. Bad. So, so bad.

Old Family: Mom has called, & things are ok naman. Still have to drop an e-mail to the family though.
X-Men. Am good in this area. Had several surprising calls, but mostly about Toastmasters district affairs. He looks so sumptious from afar though, but I know now where I stand. Its just, so so sad.
Homemaker: Changed the lay-out in the bedroom, which did wonders to the room (made it more spacious). Also organized my closet. Even cooked a few times. I feel more of a homemaker, because am mostly at home now. And I never thought of myself as a homebody.

Other Crafts. Nothing done in this area. I need to organize my papers & books at home. Things are such a mess.

So what is it about the Ides of March? Well, I looked it up, & they say it’s a metaphor for impending doom. I can so relate…..


No comments: