View My Stats

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

What will you do If I die?



"What will you do if I die?", he asks.

To which I so wanted to say, " I’ll live".
How can you have an intelligent, mature conversation with someone who asks a question like that?
My husband has mastered the art of the "victim mentality".
He sees me as being unsupportive of the ideas and plans that he has.
My indiscretions have only added fuel to the fire,

making him feel more depressed at how unfair life is to him. I don’t see where this marriage is going anymore.
His self-esteem will always be at a low, because he has no job,

& I don’t see how he can start a business with no funds to speak of.
Just today he said he wants to start a video footage & editing business,

but he has no videocam. And all I can think of, is that I have debts to pay,
school fees and tuition of the kids to take care of, grocery to buy,
and a million other things to take care of.
So that I can put food on the table and take care of my family.
And I don’t see how the future can improve on from here.
I know things do work for the better, but I can’t see how things can for my husband.
I know I should be his no.1 supporter, but I can’t.

I don’t believe in him anymore, he’ll always lack character,
always be weak at heart, always look to external factors and circumstances, and people to blame for the problems he is in.His attitude will always be his no.1 stumbling block.
And he said about wondering before, about having a one night stand,

but thinking twice about it, because he’d be embarassed,
seeing that Cebu is such a small place.
And that he could’nt believe I could do it, after all.
Hearing him talk like that, made me wonder.
Could I have been wrong?
Could he perhaps be innocent of that one wrongdoing?
Would him being innocent make a difference?
I just want to run away from it all.

No comments: