View My Stats

Monday, January 12, 2009

I Love A Woman In Uniform

Now that sounds pretty unusual huh? Coz you'd rarely hear men say that (perhaps because it'd be more likely for them to say they like women withOUT a stitch of clothing on them). More often than not, its women who say this phrase, about liking men in uniform, that is.



Well, having said that, I'm putting this phrase out because for the longest time in a long, long while I have not been in uniform. I can't even remember the last time I wore one. But since the 1st working day of this year, I've started to wear a uniform once again. We're all required to wear a uniform in the company, even members of the senior management team. It's a good thing though that I like the uniform (just a plain white sportjack-blouse, & grey slacks). But the form-fitting slacks look good on me, which is a good thing considering that I'm really a dress/skirts type of gal. Otherwise, I probably would think of resigning if I loathed how I feel in uniform . This might sound pretty shallow of me, but really, I think one of the reasons why I quit teaching was because of the uniforms they made us teachers wear. I mean did they have to make us wear uniforms that made us look like a teacher! (duh, I mean of course we were that, but did they have to make us have to look so strict, strait-laced & matronly!).



And if it had'nt been for these uniforms, I wouldn't have learned my current vital statistics. I'm actually a voluptuous (hehe!) 36-blank-36. Now, 2 out of 3 of the ideal body figure for a woman is not bad. Of course, the blank I have to work on. But as pointed out to me by my officemate, the waist after all is the easier among the 3 to work on. I can still remember the days when I had a petite 23-inch waistline (yup, back when I was the only girl in the College Varsity Team then, with waking up at the crack of dawn to do my daily jogging, & 3x/week varsity practice sessions). Hmm...i can only dream back the glory of lost years...but then I did have those 2 kids along the way...



Suffice to say, I do like the way I look in uniform now. And although I will miss wearing my dresses, & skirts & other corporate wear items I have in my closet, being in uniform will save me the perpetual dilemma every woman thinks of when she gets ready to go out of the house:

" What will I wear !?! ".

No comments: