View My Stats

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Sinulog Traditions



I had a wonderful time during Sinulog 2009.


* Sinulog Lunch: For more than 5years now, I've had Sinulog Sunday lunch at a close friend (Welda's house). Their family has this panata/tradition to have a feast in honor of their devotion to Sto.Nino. Its a time for me to get-together with my former Aboitiz officemates, & catch up on the goings-on of each others' lives. Met up with Jovy, Alma, Alpin & Shaun last Sunday. Its good to know that how busy we may be throughout the year, there'll always be a time in the year that we can look forward to seeing each other.


* Sinulog Parade - Walked quite a lot (from Villagonzalo area, to T. Padilla, to Club Ultima, to Perpetual, to Ayala = am sure that covers 5kms(?), equal to the Sinulog Fun Run. This year was made easier coz my kids are now a bit grown up & can hike the distance on their own. Still, I wasn't exempt from carrying another kid in my arms this year (my 2yr old niece!). But whats the essence of a feast day for the Child Jesus after all, if you don't bring kids to the Sinulog?!


* Sinulog Fireworks: I just love fireworks! They may be fleeting & transitory sights, but breathtaking & a personal favorite of mine nevertheless. Watched Abellana fireworks from the Club Ultima Snooze Lounge, & waited till 9pm for the Ayala fireworks. And I just love watching fireworks with my kids!


& from hereon, I'll be sure to add another Sinulog tradition: to always participate in the Sinulog marathon/fun run (& of course, see how my running time improves over the years). Now if I could also throw in a Sinulog street party or two after that....


Pit Senyor!

No comments: