View My Stats

Friday, November 7, 2008

But You're Just A Boy



This has been bugging me for some time now. I asked this guy out for a movie date (James Bond: Quantum of Solace) like 2-3 weeks ago. Yup, I remember telling a friend about this, & he remarked: " Wow, I didn't know you were that confident!". And its so true, I believe, this is actually my first time to ask a guy out. Of course, this wasn't like up front, I just texted him. Its not for fear of anything but because we don't really get to see each other everyday.

So he's been giving these non-committal answers. I do know that he is interested in me (well, we did go out one time & suffice to say, well, he was all over me!). Its not like I imagined it all. Perhaps affections wane over time? But I do know (I think) that he's extremely busy. I was really just looking forward to going out & talking with him (he's an extremely funny guy & I believe would make a fun & interesting date). Plus I really can't remember the last time I went out on a date with a guy. I guess I'm after feeling like a woman. I want the intimacy of holding hands, of being hugged. And kissed! And the ironic thing of it all, is that I've definitely decided I can't go out with stranger & be intimate, the way my other friends do it. I need the feeling of being safe & being with someone I can trust. Yes, even if its just for a dinner out, & movie & light kissing!


I do hope that we do finally go out tonight. If not, then this reminds me so much of this song on the radio nowadays & then it'll be time perhaps for me to sing this song:


" It's a little too late for you to come back, say its just a mistake.


Think I'd forgive you like that, If you thought I would wait for you. You thought wrong


But you're just a boy, You don't understand


Yeah you don't understand. How it feels to love a girl


You wish you were a better man.


But you're just a boy."


Oh geez, so I guess, its back to me experiencing a huge quantum of solace after all. Damn.

No comments: