View My Stats

Sunday, November 2, 2008

An Imaginary Conversation with a Not-So-Imaginary Guy



Moi: So I hear women in New York can be very aggressive & straight-forward. I was thinking...how would you like to have one last fling with a Filipina before you go? Is that forward enough for you?

Ha.ha. Only in my dreams can I be so brazen and wanton enough to make the first move. The picture above can sure be so misleading, showing something that isn't really there. It was just a fun, spur-of-the moment thing, & well, in my defense, at least I was forward enough to actually say, "hey, come over here, picture tang duha, kunwari we spent the night together!". It was his despidida party for a small gathering of friends, coz he's leaving for New York 2 days from now. It sure was another funny coincidence that we saw each other in a Toastmasters meeting Wed 2 weeks ago. And he was looking for a beach resort where he could have his despidida party. Sensing an opportunity for a romantic tryst (!), I volunteered to act as tourist guide. "Yup, I've heard of that place. I've been there. Why don't we check it out?". We even had dinner together after the meeting, at this quaint tapsilugan near Mepz2. Then it was off to the beach, for a stroll in the moonlight, just me & him together (plus the caretaker of course).
"Wow, this is so romantic! ", he says. Now was that an invitation for something more? Alas, he was not really looking at me when he said that. So, even if we did have that evening together, I could not sense any sparks flying between us, nor any hint of interest on his part. Of course, I could have made it a bit simpler, & tried any number of tricks, such as stumbling on a rock (& falling into his arms?!) perhaps. But that I felt was too cheesy. His despidida party, an overnight at the beach, came & went 2 nights later, on a Friday. I have no news to tell, I'm afraid, except for having the guts to request for a photo shot with him in the early dawn hours (hence this pic). And much as I am so tempted now to actually text him that imaginary invite above, I admit to being too chicken to make the first move. Even with our exchange of text messages yesterday & today (moi: "I just saw the pics! We look hot! (sabay smiley face na may wink!). His answer: "I second the motion".) Yup, sa buhay kong ito, hanggang ganon na lang talaga. I guess I am too much of a Maria Clara, to throw caution to the winds, yes, even when its a guy who is leaving the Phils. permanently, hence no real risk of humiliating myself coz I won't ever get to see him after this. Perhaps if he'd only exhibited a little bit of interest on his part. But then I'm a bit clueless and a bit dense to know if a guy also likes me. So I guess, this would also fall under the category: Things I wished I said/did, but did not. Kaya ako nag-iisa... 'langhiya, mag-Pa-Pasko na!

No comments: