View My Stats

Monday, November 24, 2008

I am Strong !






I got this from my best friend. I especially like his justification and explanation of Positive Psychology. It fits with my strength after all which is optimism. So here’s my top 5 Signature Strengths (the first being the highest). What I love about what's listed here is that in spite of everything that has been thrown to me in my life, I still remain a child at heart & see life as one big adventure.

(1) Love of learning: You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.
(2) Hope, optimism, and future-mindedness- You expect the best in the future, and you work to achieve it. You believe that the future is something that you can control.
(3) Curiosity and interest in the world- You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery.
(4) Judgment, critical thinking, and open-mindedness- Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.
(5) Gratitude- You are aware of the good things that happen to you, and you never take them for granted. Your friends and family members know that you are a grateful person because you always take the time to express your thanks.

And these are my least strengths, since they're at the bottom of the list. Hmm.. how come I feel the need to explain my weaknesses more than my strengths. I guess because the first list is very self-explanatory when you see me. But the weaknesses... well they go deeper & hence must be explained. At this point in my life, after having stifled my needs in my (failed) marriage for so long, I want to be seen & in the limelight & thus modesty would not be one of my strong suits right now (weakness #1).
Part of it is being a little impatient with people. I guess I'm less forgiving of people right now & prefer to speak my mind when someone I meet doesn't quite measure up to my expectations (#2). Still, I'm far from being brave, especially when it comes to venturing out in relationships with men (3#). Its difficult to be honest with people, men especially, when I still don't trust that I won't be hurt. The last weakness, has to do with my being an introvert (yes, I am one!), as much as it may feel for me to be lonely right now, I would rather be alone than have to put up & relegate my needs to someone else (be it in a relationship or with friends). Its time for "me" now!
(1) Modesty and humility- You do not seek the spotlight, preferring to let your accomplishments speak for themselves. You do not regard yourself as special, and others recognize and value your modesty.
(2) Forgiveness and mercy- You forgive those who have done you wrong. You always give people a second chance. Your guiding principle is mercy and not revenge.
(3) Bravery and valor- You are a courageous person who does not shrink from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain. You speak up for what is right even if there is opposition. You act on your convictions.
(4) Honesty, authenticity, and genuineness- You are an honest person, not only by speaking the truth but by living your life in a genuine and authentic way. You are down to earth and without pretense; you are a "real" person.
(5) Citizenship, teamwork, and loyalty- You excel as a member of a group. You are a loyal and dedicated teammate, you always do your share, and you work hard for the success of your group.
Signature Strengths Test: 240 item Character Strength and Virtues Test from Authentic Happiness.

1 comment:

daudacity2drm said...

This is soooooo you Leony :-) I what mine would churn out hehehehe.