View My Stats

Monday, November 3, 2008

Leaving On A Jet Plane



So many people are leaving nowadays. In the past month, I've bid goodbye to 3 friends: friend #1 (Raniza) leaving for Canada; friend #2 (Jason) leaving for Australia; and friend #3 (Ritchie) leaving for New York,USA. Its fun to attend the Despidida parties, because its a time also to meet other friends you wouldn't otherwise get to meet on a regular basis. And its a time to rekindle old memories, to reconnect and renew old bonds of friendship. Another good thing about it also is that, it doesn't really seem like goodbye. The world is getting smaller & smaller, & with the propensity for email, Multiply, Friendster & other social networking sites, its so easy to keep in touch with friends and family across the globe. So even though I feel a little bit sad seeing my friends go, I know its for the best for them & a that a new adventure awaits. I also know that its easier now to keep in touch. Plus, who knows I might get to go around the world one of these days, & what better way to do so than have a friend in each country? And perhaps, well, there is still that possibility that the future will find me leaving one of these days. It'd be another adventure to look forward to. But its the Philippines for me for now, & me being happy for my friends as they leave on to the next phase of their lives. So its au revoir my friends. Till we meet again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My very Special Friend,

Thank you so much... you make me cry I really missed you and Eboy. yes we have a lot of stories. ha ha ha ha soon we will date again ha. by the way for now I`m here in Ecuador for 6 months then back to Philippines for a visit then going to Canada maybe few months. he he he he he social na life ko ngayon traveler woman na ako this time. Maam Leony, I really missed you and Eboy. thank you so much for being part of your journey!!! ha ha ha ha ha I am very proud you count me as your Friend. I love you so much.. regards me to your Family Circle.

Raniza Beckerman