View My Stats

Friday, October 24, 2008

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait


"I don't know about tomorrow, but I know who holds my hand".
I cried last night as I had dinner with two really good friends. They made me see how things do work out for the best. In this day and age when men can be so callous & unkind, it gives me hope that there is still redemption for all mankind, seeing that there are still men like Eboy. Men who do know how to honor commitments and truly love their woman. Such a love, such integrity in a man, does exist after all. I have very low expectations of men, at this point in my life. I do like them, & the attention they give me, but think them incapable of honesty, or depth of feeling and emotion. So I just feel and enjoy and be in the moment. But then last night, I realized how unfair it is to generalize all men. There are still the very few, who seek commitment and have patience, who do not succumb to temptation & are not subservient to their physical desires but have a conscience after all. And what to say of Raniza? To finally find love after all the trials and tribulations she must have gone through. To have found love in a foreign land, after a long drought of waiting. To have managed to stay sane & to be so giving to others, to have remained cheerful, never vindictive, vengeful or hardened, after having been disappointed and broken up by love. Both of them are truly diamonds. In a life where I dance with the devil, & succumb to temptations & sins of the flesh, these two are Angels sent from heaven to give me their message: that being good does have its rewards.
Now, its up to me to sit up, listen and take heed.

2 comments:

Nizz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nizz said...

Artemis,

Mahal kanamin.. hope you like this poem:After The Blood

Before the blood, my world was in darkness,
Before the blood, I hid from guilt and shame,
And then one day, His blood fell upon me,
And my Life, has never been the same.

After the blood, my skies got brighter,
After the blood, my load got lighter
When His blood fell to the ground
All glory came down... I was born again
After the blood.

Before the blood, there was no redemption
Before the blood, No blessings to share;
For on that cross, He gave his life freely...
He gave me something that
this world just can't compare.

After the blood, my skies got brighter,
After the blood, my load got lighter;
When His blood fell to the ground
All glory came down... I was born again After the blood.

When the Blood fell to the ground
All glory came down;
I was born again... After the blood...After the blood.

Thanks God.. take care I love you friend.