View My Stats

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sweating...And Loving It



My heart is pounding...breath coming faster and faster...sweat pouring down my face...I am in the zone...in the momentum of this exhilirating, adrenaline-driven body rush....


Nope, I wish I could tell you I was somewhere where the lights are low, the setting is private, with a well-muscled man with me. Well 1 out of 3 aint too bad, especially when its the latter part that's true. And plenty of them in fact. Well-muscled men pumping... not me, but their iron, and the setting is a gym. Yes, I have been exercising these past 2 weeks, and enjoying every minute of it. I haven't been spending my time ogling any of the men though, although in the Club Ultima gym I work out in , there are plenty of them, but I guess I'm not excited to look at men, when I know I don't look my best. After all, I'm in my sweats, hair tied in a ponytail, sans make-up. Not pick-up material at all. Besides, I'm here with a goal: to lose 10 lbs, as well as at least an inch (or two!) of belly fat. What I love about exercise though is the mental rush it gives me: my mind feels so clear, so refreshed and recharged after a work-out. And the psychological factor! Yes, exercise sure does up the endorphins...and endorphins make you happy (remember Legally Blonde!). So these are my top 2 goals for exercise, & getting to a sexier me is really just a 3rd goal or benefit that I'm after. And well, I have to admit, you kind of have to feel confident in your own skin, just in case one gets lucky & needs to shed off one's clothes for a romantic tryst...hmmm.... Go, 1-2-3...Let's get physical!

No comments: