View My Stats

Monday, October 20, 2008

SUNNY NIGHTS



Thank goodness for Sun! Unlimited texts and unlimited calls. Calling me 2-3 times a day, texting, emailing. Talking on the phone for hours on end. Any self-respecting woman would just swoon! And I have to admit, I am not immune to his charms. Although I have to admit to having second thoughts. I know I’ve been hemming and hawing and complaining about how all the men I’ve been meeting lately, of how they lack this attribute or that, & how I would not want to settle…prompting a close friend to exhort in disgust, “ You sure have high standards for a one-night stand !!!”. Well, for one thing, I wouldn’t want it to be over & done with in just a night! After all, he wouldn’t even be worth it if he could slake his thirst for me in just one night, that one night should make him want for more! I hate the thought of how women have to work so hard to keep their men, not unlike Sheherazade of the famous Arabian Nights, who had to weave a story each night to keep her husband the Sultan Shahyar from executing her. Imagine keeping that up, not just for a puny one night stand, but for a thousand and one nights! Idol! I wonder if it really took just stories… but then there are a number of ways to tell a story, & my imagination tells me she must have done more than that, for the language of touch & of body language can sure speak volumes! And yet, imagine how long it took for the sultan to fall in love with her & see the error of his ways! A thousand and one nights! Men! If it were me, perhaps I would have ended up executing the sultan after all. With an icepick ala Sharon Stone! Which I guess brings me back to the crux of the matter. I know me, & my passions and desires and wants and needs and hopes and dreams would not be satisfied, with the mere pursuit of pleasure for pleasure’s sake. If it came to that, I believe it was the ST Queen Amanda who so succinctly put it, “I have yet to meet a man who does better than my hands”. So, again, it comes to this, ok fine, I did get to meet this fabulous guy after all, but do I really want to settle for just sex? Not that I am ready for love and commitment and the angst and pangs that love brings. But shouldn’t there be at least romance? Not just a physical attraction but an emotional connection as well. A meeting of minds, of kindred spirits longing for that elusive bond, even if it just be for so short a time. Love calls for a melding of souls. I would not wish for that, but I would certainly yearn, AND NEED for an understanding of sorts. How trite that sounds: a mutual understanding. But it is so true, for I would want him to understand me, and me understand him. If forever is so elusive a goal to hanker for & certainly something I definitely am not ready for, can I at least have my Mr. In The Meantime?

1 comment:

daudacity2drm said...

Well said! I'm so happy to see more and more of your musings in your blog. It seems you're writing more frequently than you used to and I think that's really great. You're good at this and I love reading your posts. Keep it up :-)