View My Stats

Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh Solitudine

Winning the Triathlon Speech Contest felt great last Sunday. However it would have infinitely been better had I someone to share my personal success with. I had no Jerry MacGuire to share it with. I say that because I remember the last scene in Jerry Macguire, where after the football game where his sole talent had his defining moment on the field, he called his wife, Renee Zelwegger to share his success with. & remember how he rushed home to say that famous line: "You complete me.". Well that would have made my success complete I guess. But then we can't have everything. So, I'm still very happy with the win nevertheless.

I guess this just reminded me of my state right now. A friend of mine, just recently was vaccillating between complicated & single in his Friendster status. Well, I can't totally put a definite mark on my current state of affairs now. I definitely am happy not being married & attached. I relish the peace & the solitude & freedom I have hard-won & sought for so long. Still, there are moments that I would so long for the strength to be held in a man's arms....

So for now, this is my song...Oh Solitudine...

Oh God I hope I'm wrong But I'm not feeling very strong
I've been so up and down so sad So happy, feeling good and bad
I'm young I'm old I laugh I cry
I tell the truth but that's a lie
I've been so in and out so wild
So well behaved so pure defiled
oh solitudine That word I hate to say
And no I was not crazy to do what we did
I even wish I'd been a bit more crazy still
And kept a little more of him to see me through
He loved me all he could I never had my fill
And then I'm back inside my room he knows so well
I feel again the way he moved I take it slow
I talk to him and he becomes a part of me
And then I know he'll never let the summer go
Oh God I hope I'm right I won't give in without a fight
And I can take the words they throw At me
for none of them could know
That we had something very few
Will ever find their whole life through
I wouldn't change a single day Although the price I have to pay
is solitudine The loneliness is tearing me apart
It tears me up it pull me down and then
It wraps around my heart oh solitudine
Does he remember all he said to me
I've been so up and down so sad
So happy feeling good and bad
I'm young I'm old I laugh I cry I tell the truth but that's a lie
I've been so in and out so wild
So well behaved so pure defiled oh solitudine

No comments: