View My Stats

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

He Makes Me Dizzy!



Girlfriend!
He actually called me that! Uh,oh…so where is this leading to? Still, this is one of the few times that I’m not going to analyze anything but just feel….And it sure does feel good! I am just so happy, & relish this time once again, to have someone to talk to, & feel so cherished! He calls me up at least once a day; there have been times when he’s called morning, lunchtime, afternoon & in the evening. Sunny nights mean talking on the phone from 11pm to past 1 in the morning. I have always been the schoolgirl type – I love being giddy like this. And he just says the most romantic, appropriate things! Not mushy at all, but he is just so witty! We get to talk about deep philosophical things, & yet the silly things too! Being wanted and appreciated like this, being made to feel like a woman is just so great! I guess, what I so enjoy about this, is that aside, from him making me feel so much a woman, is that I had missed how it feels to be present to someone. To be asked how my day was, to know that at a certain hour, someone would call me, just to say hello.

(from Mamma Mia!) if you remember the character’s face as she sings this, this is totally how I feel at the moment…

“Honey honey, how you thrill me, ah-hah, honey honey
Honey honey, nearly kill me, ah-hah, honey honey
I'd heard about you before I wanted to know some more
And now I know what they mean, you're a love machine
Oh, you make me dizzy
You look like a movie star (You look like a movie star)
But I know just who you are (I know just who you are)
And, honey, to say the least, you're a dog-gone beast
So stay on the ground, girl, you better not get too high
There's no other place in this world where I rather would be
Honey honey, how you thrill me, ah-hah, honey honey
Honey honey, nearly kill me, ah-hah, honey honey
I heard about you before I wanted to know some more
And now I know what they mean, you're a love machine
oh, you make me dizzy “
I have no expectations for this, given our current situation & all. There’s this scene in the movie, “The Mirror Has Two Faces” where Barbra Streisand talks about a courtly love. It’s a love that’s as amorous as they come, sans the sex. A part of me just wants to continue all this flirting, of the promise of things to come, to just be in the moment & not to have to complicate it with the baser things like sex…

No comments: